cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two separate customers wanted refunds for perfectly fine Thomas Kinkades. Scam?

Both complaints had overwhelming SIMILAR emails with these long explanations about how they were looking forward to the poster. Both complained about a "crease" in the middle, when there is none there. Both said the packaging was intact. Both said the paper print was "unhangable". Both wanted a refund to include shipping charges. Are they MAKING COPIES of the print and COA? I'm beginning to think it is a scam.

eBay forced me to accept the return of the first one and I know they will probably do it again since they don't side with sellers. Now that I got a similar email from another customer.....it's ridiculus. The posters are perfectly good and I hate to lose shipping charges and fees again. Thoughts? Advice?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Two separate customers wanted refunds for perfectly fine Thomas Kinkades. Scam?

the customer is always right

HINC HVMILIBVS VENIA

HINC RETRIBVTO SVPERBIS

MISERICORDIAS DOMINI IN AETERNVM CANTABO AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Re: Two separate customers wanted refunds for perfectly fine Thomas Kinkades. Scam?

Especially when they are scamming you. <sarcasm>
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Don't you get it? They wouldn't be scamming me as much as they would be if they were creating duplicates of the COA and print. What do they have to lose? The emails are almost identical, like they were scripted. 

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Sorry this has happened to you twice.

eBay will always side with the buyer.  The buyers never lie according to eBay but sellers are another story.

Best not to have eBay step in and just process the return.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

I see only one "sold" poster in your listings from just a few days ago, and no feedback from buyer.  Did you have two of the same and sold both?  Just trying to understand what happened.

Rita

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

I sold a different poster months ago to another customer. It probably doesn't show since it was returned. Both perfect posters. 

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Thanks
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

I've never seen ebay act so swiftly to remove an auction. If it sells there is a record of it selling. Did you check the "completed" listings?  From what I know (and I may be wrong) listings stay in the system if they sell or don't sell. Anyone know if that's true?

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@sonomabarn67 wrote:

I've never seen ebay act so swiftly to remove an auction. If it sells there is a record of it selling. Did you check the "completed" listings?  From what I know (and I may be wrong) listings stay in the system if they sell or don't sell. Anyone know if that's true?

OP has just one "completed" item listed now - it is this "sold" poster.  I think only items completed within 90 days show up.   I am wondering it the same person bought both posters - although OP should know from the shipping address if that is the case.  

Rita

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

the artist of light <cough cough>

HINC HVMILIBVS VENIA

HINC RETRIBVTO SVPERBIS

MISERICORDIAS DOMINI IN AETERNVM CANTABO AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the print was returned to you did it actually show any damage?

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

No, the first return was not damaged. 

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

The customers were from different states. The emails requesting return were nearly identical.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

The first one was sold over 90 days ago.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply